“Looks like a greyhound, behaves like a terrier” CEO of Sydväst Ltd., Jan Nybom, 2006. Presentation, when Sydväst Ltd, was certified according to to the Environmental Management System, ISO 14001, as one of the first multidisciplinary educational institutions in the world.
PhD (Environmental Science), University of Turku, Finland, 2014
M.Sc. (Environmental, marine biology), Åbo Akademi University, Finland, 1998
– change management; both applied and educated. I have managed a team of eight, in an adult education institution, were also part of the management group.
– management systems; I planned and realized an Environmental Management System (EMS) for the first multidisciplinary education organization in Finland, which was certified according to ISO 14001 as one of the first educational institutions in the world in 2006. I was responsible for integrating an EMS into a QMS at a university, which was certified according to ISO 9001 & ISO 14001 in 2010 as the first higher education institution in Finland.
– quality assurance; I have been responsible for quality assurance and internal audits at an adult education institution and a research and development department at a university.
– project management, 20 years experience;
– consultation; since 2006. In 2014- 2017 I led a team that offered consultation, adults preparatory training, short training courses, and other expert services in
education for sustainable development and management systems. I succeeded in enlarging my team from eight to ten employees
– communication; e.g. in 2018 129 interviews in 39 different media channels. Keynote speaker.
– education for sustainable development; I was responsible for promoting sustainable development in education, research, outreach, and practice at a university for 15 years and in a VET institution for nine years, focus on education.
– national and international networking; I have lead network projects in the Baltic Sea region since 2008, e.g. a network that has planned and realized a cross-sectorial and – Nordic education for adults in education for sustainable development. In 2018, I was responsible for the Protections Fund for the Archipelago Sea, to which I involved 24 new partners.
– qualitative and quantitative applied research; my PhD study was a cross-sectoral and interdisciplinary action research study done in a network of 11 universities in three countries about enabling change in universities: enhancing education for sustainable development with tools for quality assurance. Nine scientific peer-reviewed publications, 25 popularizing. Three times guest editor for Special Volumes
– Coordinator for the Baltic Sea Challenge, an international network with 300 members, since December 2017, at City of Turku & at Centrum Balticum Foundation 12/2017- 04/2019, were I also worked as Executive Manager for a fund
– Associate Researcher at University of Gävle in Sweden, since May 2016
– Training Manager for the unit for Sustainable Development and Management at Sykli Environmental School of Finland Ltd., 10/2014- 11/2017
– Environmental & Quality Coordinator at Novia University of Applied Sciences, Finland, 08/2008- 10/2014 & at Ab Utbildning Sydväst Ltd., 11/1999- 07/2008
– Developed a quality management system at Yourway Ltd., 10/1999 – 11/1999
– Senior lecturer in biology & geography at Lovisa Senior School, 08/1998 – 07/1999
– Shopkeeper at a summer store 05-08/1995 & 1996, with my husband
– Employee of the year, 2006
– Member of the Finnish delegation at the final seminar of the UN Decade for Education for Sustainable Development in Nagoya, Japan, 2014
– Invited to the Independence Day reception in Finland, 2018, which had the theme our shared environment; for being distinguished in the areas of sustainability and environment:
Here I am interviewed by YLE, in Swedish. YLE is the public service broadcasting company in Finland. This programme is the most watched television program during the year, that approximately 2,4 M Finns watched.
Here is a link to another interview, in Swedish, from the same night, which was done by a Finnish news agency SPT.
”Tove Holm is an experienced expert in the field of sustainable development in theory and practice. I have had the pleasure of working with Tove for many years and I am extremely impressed by her passion for making a difference. She is committed to work for real, tangible improvement in favor of glossy statements and policy papers. She has been working in international and national contexts within several different areas of activity. In the field of higher education she is the utmost expert in implementing sustainable development goals on all levels of an education institution. I can warmly recommend Tove as your partner in working towards a more sustainable future whatever your line of business or activity might be”. Birgitta Forsström, Director, Nordic Institute for Advanced Training in Occupational Health, November 25th, 2020